Day School Programs > Elementary & Middle School
Our Elementary Program is for students in kindergarten through about 14 years old. Classes are organized by considering the age, social skills, communication skills, academic abilities, self-help and daily living skills of each student. Our curriculum includes the following:
- Academics – in the areas of Language, Social Studies, Science and Mathematics. Learning is enhanced by our Academic Movement Program, which combines academics goals with music and movement.
- Specialized Health and PE – including adaptive bicycle riding, swimming, social games and sports
- Life Skills – including cooking, shopping, housekeeping, personal hygiene and other activities of daily living.
- Pre-Vocational Skills – including the development of sustained attention and motor sequencing,
- Community-based Instruction (CBI) – Students receive direct insurrection both on campus and within the community. Providing instruction in a variety of settings ensures that student learning generalizes (or occurs) across multiple environments. Some examples of community-based activities include (but are not limited to): public libraries, recreation centers, restaurants, stores, parks, theaters, bowling alleys and other local businesses for recreational, academic and social experiences.
- Music and Art – Our music and art programs are designed to reinforce the greater learning and behavioral objectives through music and art.