Therapeutic Services > Social Skills
Our School Psychologist provides direct instruction of positive social concepts. In addition, the entire staff is constantly reinforcing these broad concepts throughout the day. Our approach to social skills instruction emphasizes teaching skills in a sensitive and caring manner with lots of patience, fun, and humor.
Daily Direct-Instruction of Social Skills combined with ample opportunities to practice and apply these skills at school and in the community provides each student with the requisite skills to build and sustain life long relationships with others. Some of the skills we work on are as follows.
- Recognizing an Expressing Emotions
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication
- Self-Monitoring of Stress Levels
- Appropriate Peer and Adult Interactions
- Citizenship and Character Development
- Abstract Thinking/Figurative Speech
- Self Advocacy
- Conflict Resolution